Somehow over the last few days, my mind has found time to do some focused pondering. Focused pondering is something I love! There have bee...

Giving Light to New Thoughts

Somehow over the last few days, my mind has found time to do some focused pondering. Focused pondering is something I love! There have been periods in my life when I have been able to devote a significant amount of time to it every day. In other times, I have starved for it yet could not accomplish my desire. Thankfully and unexpectedly, it has found me over the last few days again.

Its taken me some time to learn how to tame my mind enough to follow its rapid thought process, often having to retrace thought patterns which were born before a fork of tangents change the direction of my freestyle pondering. (I want to ignore the urge to go back and re-read my previous sentence and change it to something less abstract sounding).

I quite enjoy the process of tracking a thought that I've only realized too late has brought me peace and/or greater understanding. My response time is slow and typically I do not realize the value of the thought until after. Who knows if in reality I realize it maybe .0001 second later, but its long enough that a slew of new thoughts and tangents have been born - forcing me to retrace my thought's travel route. But since most of my best focused pondering happens when I am not hardly conscious that I am doing it, and am not trying to ponder at all, or trying to control the direction of my thoughts, it can be a difficult task to retrace and find.

In the next few days, I hope to be able to write about some of these rewarding conclusions that I've been able to pin down. Writing in itself helps me pin down those thoughts and cultivates the birth of more worthwhile thoughts.









You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.