I found this fun link up on one of my good friend's blog.  It is a fun excuse to get my butt in gear and start blogging again.  Howeve...

10 Secrets

I found this fun link up on one of my good friend's blog.  It is a fun excuse to get my butt in gear and start blogging again.  However, I'm a pretty open person, so ten secrets might be difficult for me to come up with.  Here we gooooooooo!!!!!!!!

1.  I WISH I WAS A ROCKSTAR.  Brandi Carlile is pretty much my idol.  My husband is encouraging me to admit that she is also my girl crush... he may be right.  She is bad to the bone and I think she is the cooooolest musician ever.  Sometimes in the mirror I pretend I am a rockstar just like Brandi.  Rocking out playing air guitar imagining I am on stage and jamming out in front of a crowd singing well... what a dream.

Brandi in action

2.  I DROOL LIKE NOBODY'S BUSINESS.  I blame this on my permanent retainer on my bottom teeth.  Sometimes I have to flip my pillow at night it gets so bad.  And every once in awhile... I can be minding my own business thinking about who knows what and a little will find itself on my shirt, just below my chin!  Maybe I am just really zen-ified and so relaxed that its in those times that this happens.  I can live with that.  Yes, meditation is awesome.

3.  I USE MY PANT LEG AS A NAPKIN.  I should have outgrown this habit in elementary school but the convenience of it has never allowed me to.  I like to think of it as an environmentally friendly solution to disposable napkins.

4.  I AM COMPETITIVE TO A FAULT.  I think games are more fun when people get competitive.   However, apparently there is a limit of appropriate competitiveness because occasionally my husband has to remind me to tone it down so I don't alienate myself from society.



5.  I AM DRAMATIC.  Maybe the only person this is a secret to is myself.  My college best friend and I have only ever been in one real argument.  For an activity with our church group, we were filling out a hall of fame questionnaire at the end of the semester.  A little yearbook-esque.   Regarding "most dramatic" I told my friend that she was obviously my pick for the category.  She thought I was ridiculous because I was the obvious choice.  An argument ensued.  I ended up sleeping on the couch that night... and by so doing inadvertently lost the battle.

6.  I LOVE ARTHUR.  You know the books by Marc Brown.  The t.v. show on PBS.  I read the books when I was little and the show is hilarious.  D.W. is my favorite.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, you should check it out.  Arthur is not just for kids.

This aardvark is totally lovable.

7.  WEBBED TOES!  It took getting married for me to find out that two of my toes are webbed on each foot.  The second and third from the big toe.  I lived 26 years without paying very much attention to my feet and it only took Mark living with me for one month to point out this little mutation.  He really is a loving husband.  Really.

8.  I LOVE PUNK.  Punk seems to be a fading music genre but I still appreciate rocking out to my favorite high school/college punk bands.  So what, right?

9.  I KNOW A LOT ABOUT ALPACAS.  What's an alpaca you ask?  Its a member of the camelid family.  They grow fiber, not wool.  And watch out, they spit.  Really, there's a lot more to know than that but thats the gist.  I grew up on an alpaca farm.  I think it was good for the soul.... looking back I can say that.  I also know a lot about hedge hogs, pot-bellied pigs, and red worms too.


10.  I DON'T BELIEVE IN MICROWAVES.  Except to heat up nutritionless sweets like doughnuts, chocolate cake, cinnamon rolls, etc.  I think microwaves zap the nutrition out of food and so I don't use ours a whole lot.  I have Mark convinced of my theory so he also refrains from zapping food (at least when I'm around).  Have you ever noticed you get hungrier faster after you've eaten microwaved food?  No joke.  How do you think I got Mark to agree with me?


As a side note:  Its Julia Child's 100th birthday today.  For a fun tribute to her from PBS Digital Studios via youtube click here




You may also like

6 comments:

Val said...

Love it, fun idea!!

Val said...

Love it, fun idea!!

Val said...

Love it, fun idea!!

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

I totally agree with you on 3 and 6!! Thank you so much for linking up!

Tiffany @ Austin Family Diary said...

Lol--cracking up about the drooling thing. Sorry, but kind of funny :) I'm also really competitive--I love to win haha. I'm a good loser though too :) Thanks so much for linking up! Can't wait to read your nine loves next week!

~Love Lis said...

I LOVE Brandi Carlile too! Her music is wonderful and makes a car rides fun. Miss you amiga.

Powered by Blogger.