Rough free writing.  Hopefully I'll get around to editing/fine tuning these thoughts. There are times when my heart just wants to be q...

Heavy

Rough free writing.  Hopefully I'll get around to editing/fine tuning these thoughts.

There are times when my heart just wants to be quiet.  The enormity of the things going on around overwhelm and leave my thoughts somber.

There are a million things going on around us.

We are consumed with the events of our own lives.  The person in line in front of you at the grocery store is also consumed with the happenings of their life.  The person in the vehicle rushing to pass you is the same.  Maybe they are speeding to rush to a hospital to see a family member who is dying in the hospital.  Or maybe they are late trying to make it to the movie on time.  Maybe the lady in the grocery store line is dealing with the emotions of a divorce while she blankly watches her groceries get scanned one after another.  Maybe she just dislikes being at Wal-Mart so often?  What stress of life are you dealing with?  What things are consuming your thoughts, emotions, and worries?

The human population runs franticly from place to place in an attempt to establish, maintain, reestablish a good life for ourselves.  What of it?  What of all our our running?  What about our neighbor and their struggles?  Do we tune into their life as we are so tuned into the happenings of our own?

The world is changing around us and we continue to do the same things we have always done, most likely the same things we have watched our parents do.

Concentrated on the little details of life, the importance of such things enlarged as if with a magnifying glass.  How involved am I in things of little eternal worth?  How involved am I in things of great eternal worth?  Which things do I cling to most?  Think about most?

Temporal matters deserve our attention, true.  We must eat, drink, and sleep.  Have shelter.  A means to provide for ourselves.  Transportation.  Communication.  Organization.  Beautification.  The longer the list, the further we get away from our most basic needs.  (I do realize there are tons more).  However, each aspect adds value, comfort, and civility to life.  At some point we need to find an appropriate place and balance for each of these aspects.  At what point am I guilty of over emphasizing the importance of any one of them?

What will I do when what I have sought after is no longer relevant?  What will I (and my family) be then?  Where will I (and them) be?

Am I so focused on the fluff and the frills that I forget to live the principles that would save me no matter what events are occurring?

I need to turn my head right side up and re-evaluate how I live.  What I choose.  What is first on my priority list.  What I think.  What I frantically run after.


You may also like

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great post. A reminder to all to reevaluate what and who is most important. A reminder to be open to others who need you. Finding balance is important in this life. Finding that balance brings happiness.

-Jane

Powered by Blogger.