This week's link up theme is:  7 Wants I WANT... 1.  TO BE CONTENT Sometimes I get tired of wanting things.  Wanting chan...

Eu quero

This week's link up theme is:  7 Wants

I WANT...


1.  TO BE CONTENT

Sometimes I get tired of wanting things.  Wanting change.  Wanting travel.  Wanting this and that, wanting, wanting.  It gets old.  It is lovely to take a deep breathe sometimes and just enjoy what is.  Breathe it in, acknowledge, and be grateful for the million and one blessings in front of me.

...be content with what you have, rejoice in the way things are,
realize there is nothing lacking...
-Lao Tzu


However... the theme does ask for 6 more and I must go on!

2.  ADEQUATE FOOD STORAGE

Talk about priorities.  When you are single you are given a little bit of room for slacking on this one, but once you get married - the opportunity to rely on Mom and Dad's food storage as if it were your own flies right out the window (along with the free ride on their phone plan).  If any family member wants to know what I want underneath the Christmas tree... its food storage.



3.  TO HAVE A BIG 'OLE BELLY WITH A BABY IN IT

Family planning can be a roller coaster of emotions.  One year ago I would be slapping my present-day self silly telling myself to reconsider wanting to be PREGNANT again!  I love the baby part, don't get me wrong.  I love love love being a momma and all that comes with it.  My first pregnancy I was a bit near sighted, there was no depth to my experience.  Now looking back, I am not so naive in what it means to be pregnant.  And I want it again.



4.  BRING BACK PANGEA

Do you ever just miss your kindred spirit friends so much that you dream what it would be like to travel like they do in Star Trek?  "Beam me up, Scottie!"  Or like Jeannie, in I Dream of Jeannie?  *blink blink*  If the world's continents would drift back together, my problems of being distanced from my loved ones would be softened.



5.  TO SPEAK MANY LANGUAGES

For a long time I've wanted to learn multiple languages.  Bridging together different people, cultures, countries.  I like that.  I think in the future there will be a great need for us to know more than just our native tongue.  And if you've learned another language, for goodness sake, hold on to it!



6.  TO HAVE A BED & BREAKFAST 

One of my dreams is to have my own bed and breakfast in a mountain setting next to a river.  A small relatively non-commercialized town.  Not just any B&B, but a glorified one.  Kayaks, canoes, mountain bikes, etc for the guests to use.  A brick patio in the back meant for outdoor dining.  Lights hanging above tables.  The best kind of tunes playing so that dancing comes naturally to the guests as the evening fades to twilight.  The dinner, dancing, and socializing wouldn't just be for guests, but for the entire community.



7.  TO GROW OLD WITH HIM

I think Mark is pretty dang handsome now, I can't imagine how cute of an old man he'll make in 50 years.  I want to still be holding hands, by then they will be wrinkly - a reminder of all that we have been through together. 






...don't forget to join the fun and link up too!







You may also like

1 comment:

Tiffany @ Austin Family Diary said...

Aww thanks so much for linking up :) I want a baby in my belly too :D Hopefully sooner than later...What a great list!

Powered by Blogger.